Booking Terms and Conditions 2020/21
These Booking Conditions, together with any other written information brought to Your attention before we confirmed your booking, form the basis of your contract with C Mountain Lodges Ltd (referred to as “Le Chardon Mountain Lodges”, “CML”, “we”, “us” and “our”), a company registered in Scotland (Company No: SC273604) of 14 Riversdale Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 5QT. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
In these Booking Conditions references to “the Client”, “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made, or any other person added to a booking is in agreement with us (and in all cases with no less than seventy days of arrival to Le Chardon Mountain Lodges). On booking any property with CML the property cannot be shared, assigned or sublet. Only the named persons shown on the booking form are permitted to stay in the property.
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
I. (S)He has read these terms and conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
III. (S)He is over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services.
We are always more than happy to go through any questions or enquiries that you may have on +44 (0) 131 209 7969 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We offer catered chalet accommodation and can arrange certain other services on your behalf. In other words, you may decide to purchase just accommodation from us, or, you may decide to purchase accommodation and a transfer, ski rental etc.
Whatever you decide, we will treat each element as a separate booking so that the price charged in total for the booking of more than one element will always equal the prices charged separately for each individual element. This means that separate items purchased do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 or package or Linked Travel Arrangements as defined in the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
Please Note: Our obligations to you will vary depending upon whether we act as a principal (in the sale of chalet accommodation and hospitality) or as an agent (to help you to arrange transfers, ski-guides or other services). Where we are acting only as an agent, you will enter into a separate agreement with the provider of the service that we assist in helping you to receive which will govern your use of that service.
- Confirmation: A confirmation invoice will not be issued unless the holiday deposit has been received. A deposit of 10% of the total accommodation cost is required at time of booking. This deposit will be fully refundable until 1 September 2020. On 2 September we will request payment of a further 20% deposit and the total amount paid (30% of total booking) will then become non-refundable . The receipt and acceptance by the company of the non-refundable deposit confirms the reservation and confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions by you the client. On receipt of your deposit payment CML will issue a confirmation invoice to confirm your booking. If you do not receive a confirmation receipt within two weeks of paying the additional 20% deposit, please contact us immediately. The balance along with any additional extras will be invoiced ten weeks prior to arrival. If you are booking within ten weeks prior to arrival, payment in full will be required immediately, together with the signed booking form/mybooking portal sign off which should be returned to CML. If the final balance has not been received ten weeks prior to your departure, following a reminder from us, CML reserve the right to cancel your holiday and recover the 70% then due. The person signing the booking form will be responsible for all payments due in respect to the booking.
- Booking Form: It is a requirement of CML that you:
- return a completed Booking Form at the time of booking or complete the guest information section of the Mybooking portal; and
- review and approve the information we have inputted into the Mybooking portal on your behalf. It is of utmost importance that you pass to CML all the required guest information for your party. Required details include first name and surname (as on passport), date of birth, address of all-party members, mobile telephone number (vital in case of emergencies) and email address.
Please note that your confirmation invoice and travel documentation will not be released until we receive a signed Booking Form or have received sign off from you that the information in the Mybooking portal is correct
- Any quote given, or booking made, will specify the currency used (Pounds Sterling (GBP) or Euros (EUR)). Subject to 2.3, all written quotations are valid for a period of seven days from the date of issue.
- Price will be confirmed on booking as per the Confirmation Invoice. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before your booking is confirmed.
- Errors in costing are very rare, but should there be a manifest error, we will issue a new quotation and we will not be bound by the incorrect amount quoted.
- The balance along with any additional extras that you have purchased from CML (as set out in clause 4.3(b) of these Booking Conditions) will be invoiced ten weeks prior to arrival. The person signing the booking form will be responsible for all payments due in respect to the booking.
- All payments to C Mountain Lodges should be made in the currency quoted on the invoice. At their discretion C Mountain Lodges may accept payments in an equivalent currency, for example payment of a EUR invoice in GBP. In this situation CML will advise at the time of payment the GBP equivalent inline with current market rates.
- If you are booking within ten weeks prior to arrival, booking process is the same as described in clause 1 above except that payment in full will be required immediately instead of the 25% deposit.
- All deposit payments must be made payable to C Mountain Lodges and can be made by bank transfer, cheque or credit/debit card and our bank details are set out on our invoice. Balance payments may only be made by bank transfer or cheque.
- Catered Chalets
4.1 Please note that the maximum adult capacity for all CML properties is as follows, and any increase to the total occupancy per chalet must be agreed in advance with CML. An increase to the total occupancy will be subject to an additional cost.
Le Chardon 20 adults
Mistral 14 adults
Lafitenia 12 adults
La Bergerie 12 adults + 1 (single bedroom)
It is your responsibility to ensure that these capacities are adhered to in the interest of health and safety and most of all your comfort.
4.2 However, in the case of additional children of a young age, we are prepared to discuss possible arrangements at an additional cost.
4.3 What is included and what is not included:
i. Ski in / out luxurious accommodation in one of our Le Chardon Mountain Lodges Chalets hosted by our attentive, experienced and hand picked professional staff ,
ii. A full continental or cooked breakfast from 0800 to 1000.
iii. Afternoon tea including teas, coffee, cakes as well as any requests from 1600.
iv. Champagne and canapés served at or around 1900 (please specify this with your chalet manager).
v. In each 7-night period, you will receive 5 catered gourmet evenings, including Amuse-bouche; Entrée; Main Course; Cheese and Dessert followed by a selection of liquors, teas or coffee.
vi. Bathrobes, Toiletries and Hairdryers.
vii. Satellite TV and access to a film library
viii. WiFi Internet Access.
ix. Chauffeuring servicewithin Val d’Isere (including le Fornet and la Daille) 0800-0200 Monday to Friday, 0800 to 2200 Saturday and Sunday
x. Fresh Flowers.
xi. Private Hot Tub and or swim Spa (swim spa is only open from 0800 to 1100
xii. Ski Rooms and Boot Warmers.
xiii. Wide Selection of carefully selected house wines
xiv. Children’s lunches for pre-school age children as required.
xv. Children’s high tea as required
xvi. Complimentary Bar including beers, wines and spirits.
xvii. A dedicated concierge Service to organize any extra activities if desired. (Please note that all extra activities are at your charge and must be settled prior to your departure from the Chalets).
b) Not Included:
a. Travel or transfers to the resort unless specified.
b. Ski passes (unless specified).
c. Ski and snowboard equipment hire.
d. Ski school, guides or lessons.
e. Adult lunch in and out of the chalets on any day
f. Dinner on two specified uncatered evenings during your stay.
g. Wine upgrades from our Fine Wine List.
h. Childcare (unless specified).
j. Massage and beauty service .Extra activities such as ski doing, snowshoes, husky rides, ULM, hang-gliding, helicopter experiences …
k. Staff Gratuities.
l. Travel and medical Insurance.
Although these items are not included, our dedicated concierge Service is available in order to reply to any requests you may have and will do everything to organise any of the above either before or during your stay.
Any extras are organized on your behalf on an agency basis and as such the contract is directly between yourself and the supplier. While we make every effort to only recommend suppliers with a proven track record for service, we cannot be held responsible for the services provided. Payments for extras can either be paid directly to suppliers or we will pay on your behalf and recover in the disbursements billing at the end of your stay.
- Check-in: Rooms within the chalets will not normally be ready to be accessed prior to 1600 on the day of arrival. However, if you are arriving prior to this, we will endeavour to get them ready for an earlier time – but this cannot be guaranteed. We do ask guests to be patient and are more than happy to house bags in the reception rooms, to allow you to leave the chalet at your wish. Check out is normally at 1000 but again, we will try to accommodate late departures within reason.
- Please note:
Fireplaces are technical areas of the Chalets and shall under no circumstance be operated by guests.
Please note that the chalet kitchens are technical areas and must not be entered.
We are happy to cater for any special diets where possible, although the availability (or not) of special ingredients locally may prevent us. Please ensure any such requests are made at the time of booking. Any other special requests including children equipment must be made at booking as well.
Our chalets are exclusively Non-Smoking.
We cannot guarantee continuous and uninterrupted internet access and satellite TV connection (due to circumstances which may be beyond our control).
If a hot tub, Jacuzzi or swim spa breaks down we always try to have it repaired as quickly as possible. Delays may occur if parts need to be ordered or specialists are not available. We will always use our best efforts to minimize such delays.
Snow conditions may make access to lodges more difficult at some particular times of the season. Where the chalet has been advertised as “Ski in/out”, please note that this means that you will be able to ski within 50 – 70 metres of the chalet in normal snow conditions.
- End of Week Payments
- Upon request, CML will make purchases on your behalf both before and during your holiday. To enable CML to do so, a credit card shall be requested as a guarantee and any such purchases shall be paid in full prior to departure from your property.
- Your end of week disbursements bill will be shown in Euros (EUR). Cash payment in the resort is accepted in the Euros only. Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro payments in resort will be processed in Euros (EUR) only.
- Amendments by you to the booking
- You may request alterations to your booking and proposed itinerary at any time prior to your arrival. Please submit all requests to CML in writing and we will do our utmost to accommodate your requests. However, such requests shall not be taken to form part of the contract between you and CML until it has been confirmed in writing by CML.
- All requests are always subject to availability and may also be subject to a fee, which, if applicable, will be confirmed by CML in writing. You agree to reimburse CML for any reasonable expenses incurred in making an alteration to a booking. Subject to availability, any changes of dates within the same winter season (to be 30 November December of any given year and 2 May of the following year) more than 70 days prior to arrival will be accepted by CML without charge. A change of dates to a future winter season or within 70 days of departure will be deemed a full cancellation.
- Amendments by CML to the booking
- Alteration(s) may be made to your booking by CML. In such circumstances, CML will ensure that any alternative accommodation arranged by CML will be of an equally high standard and shall notify you of the alteration(s) in writing in advance. Where you do not agree to any alterations that we propose to make to your booking, you have the right to cancel your booking and seek a full refund.
- Most of the changes we will make are minor changes (described below) to arrangements for which no compensation or refund is due. If we are forced to make major changes (described below) we will advise you as soon as we are in a position to do so and you have a number of options set out in Clause 7.3 below.
Minor changes: change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard .
Major changes: change of accommodation to a lower standard rating of accommodation and cancellation of holiday. If we are obliged to make a major change to your holiday, or if we cancel the holiday within 70 days of the original departure date, you may choose to:
- Accept the new holiday arrangement offered by us.
- Purchase a replacement holiday from us at the current selling price.
- cancel your holiday and receive a full refund.
- You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer of alternative holiday arrangements. If you do not, we will assume your acceptance of the new holiday arrangement.
Whichever option you chose you will be entitled to the following compensation on notification to you of a major change. We shall be under no further liability to you, nor shall we be liable for any costs or expenses outside the holiday cost.
|Number of days||EURO per person|
|70 – 45||10|
|44 – 30||30|
|29 – 0||50|
If, due to circumstances outside our control in respect of which we were not able to notify you prior to departure, we are not able to provide you with the accommodation booked, we will, when you arrive in the resort, endeavor to provide accommodation of a similar standard in the same area. If we are unable to do so and can only provide accommodation of a lower standard, we will refund the difference in price together with a compensation payment of up to a maximum of €50 per person as set out in this Clause 7.3.
- Cancellation of the booking
- Client Cancellation. The person who has signed the contract must confirm any cancellation by the client in writing. The date on which written notification is received by CML will determine the level of cancellation charges applicable. If you choose to cancel your booking you must do so in writing sent to CML’s registered address shown at the top of the document, or by email to email@example.com. Any cancellation will only be effective when we receive it in writing and is acknowledged by way of a reply from our office stating acceptance. We recommend that emails should also be backed up by a phone call and in the event of postal notification of cancellation, recorded delivery is strongly recommended. The cancellation refunds are expressed as a percentage of the total rental cost, as set out in Clause 8.2.
- Please note many travel insurance policies cover the eventuality of having to cancel a holiday in certain circumstances, so do please refer to your own insurance policy for details and check with your insurance provider that their terms are sufficient to cover your booking.
Cancellation refunds in the event of a cancellation by you for any reason are as follows:
|Days Prior |
|More than 70 days||0% due||75%|
|70 – 45 days||25% due to CML||50%|
|44 – 30 days||50% due to CML||25%|
|29 – 0 days||Full balance due to CML||0%|
Refunds (following deduction of the cancellation charges) will be made to the Client where the full balance has been paid otherwise CML is entitled to recover the outstanding balance from you.
- CML Responsibilities
- CML’s obligation is to provide accommodation to you as set out on our website and source other arrangements putting together an itinerary in line with your instructions. We have a duty to select third party suppliers of services that will be provided to you with reasonable skill and care. We have no liability to you for the actual provision of the services, except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused. Therefore, providing we have selected the suppliers/subcontractors with reasonable skill and care, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens during the service in question or any acts or omissions of the supplier, its employees or agents.
- Except for any liability we cannot exclude by law (such as for death or personal injury caused by our negligence), we will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or other claim of any description that:
i. were not caused by our breach of this Agreement;
ii. arise from the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected;
iii. arise from the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
iii. Unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond ours or our supplier(s) control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised. .
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to us strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide us and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- Please note we cannot accept any liability for:
- Any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or
- Any business losses.
- We will not accept responsibility for services which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised on our website. For example, any excursion you book whilst in Resort, or any service or facility which any supplier agrees to provide for you.
- In cases of compensation or damage arising from non-performance or improper performance of the services involved in any of CML‘s contracts, compensation for personal, including psychiatric injury and non-personal injury is limited to and by all relevant international conventions including but not limited to the Geneva Convention, the Montreal Convention and the Athens Convention.
- Your Responsibilities
No employee, representative, agent or officer of C Mountain Lodges Ltd shall be authorised to commit C Mountain Lodges Ltd to any admission of liability whatsoever and C Mountain Lodges Ltd shall not be bound by any such admission unless it is explicitly stated in writing and executed on behalf of C Mountain Lodges Ltd.
- It is your responsibility to provide written details of any allergies suffered by any member of your Booking Party.
- Our Chalets are made of timber, when arriving to the Chalet it is your responsibility that you and your party familiarize yourselves with your accommodation, safety procedures and location of fire extinguishers.
- All baggage and personal effects are your responsibility at all times.
- Guests staying in Chalet Chardon use the swim spa at their own risk and CML accepts no responsibility for accidents/injuries that may occur whilst using any of the outdoor Jacuzzis, including accidents related to ice and snow formation around the facilities.
- Children under 18 must be supervised at all times whilst staying in the Chalets. It is the sole responsibility of the guests to supervise children.
- CML will not accept responsibility for any accidents occurring around the chalets due to snow conditions.
- It is the responsibility of you and your group to judge the suitability of each area in which you ski. If you or any member of your group ski in a location on the recommendation of or are accompanied by any representative of CML, CML will not be liable for any injuries howsoever caused.
- Please note: Val Isere is situated at 1900m over sea level and some people can feel adverse effects at high altitude (cf. young children etc)
You undertake to treat all CML properties and employees with due care and respect and undertake not to behave in a way that will prejudice CML’s reputation with its suppliers or other clients. All clients undertake to behave in such a manner and in no way cause damage, distress, danger or annoyance to other clients, property, employees and or any third parties.
- CML shall be entitled to recover from you the cost of any damage caused by you or a member of the booking party. You undertake to treat all property provided by CML with due care and respect and undertake not to behave in a way that will prejudice CML’s reputation with its suppliers or other clients. All guests staying with us are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and should avoid making excessive noise within and around the Chalet. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any chalet manager or any other person in authority (including local law enforcement in Resort), your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any third party or damage to property we reserve the right to terminate your booking arrangements with us immediately. All damages, breakages and any subsequent claims for compensation from those affected by such actions shall be passed onto the client in breach.
- You will be liable for and CML shall be entitled to recover from you the cost of any damage caused by (or claim arising from) you or a member of your booking party, your employees or visitors.
- Security Deposit – CML reserves the right to ask you for a security deposit to cover any additional costs incurred in resort or potential damage. Where this is requested it must be authorized from a credit card at least two weeks prior to your arrival to resort and will be cancelled at the latest two weeks after you have completed your stay with us (minus any costs incurred). Cancellation of your credit card authorization may be delayed if the costs of any repair have to be determined. If the damage is greater than the amount of the security deposit, or if no security deposit has been arranged, you must immediately pay the costs to CML on CML’s request.
- It is a condition of booking with CML that all clients have personal travel insurance. CML does not provide any winter sports travel insurance to its clients. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and your entire party have relevant and adequate insurance covering: accident, illness, your voluntary cancellation of the accommodation or any other mishap, during the entire period of your holiday (which must include travel to and from resort). We also recommend that you take out adequate insurance to cover your personal possessions.
- So that we can assist you in the case of an emergency, it is useful for CML to have details of your travel insurance policy. When you complete the Booking Form, we request that you provide these details to us.
- Events Beyond Our Control
- In circumstances where we are prevented from performing our obligations under these terms and conditions as a result of unusual and unforeseeable events beyond our control, including without limitation, war, threat of war, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, epidemics, bad weather, terrorist activity, governmental action, acts of God, advice from the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office to avoid or leave a particular country and all other similar events (an “Uncontrollable Event”):
- CML shall notify you immediately of the extent and nature of the Uncontrollable Event;
- Flights: Please inform CML of your flight arrangements at least four weeks prior to arrival, requesting any transfers you might need. CML cannot accept responsibility for guests missing flights for any reason or mislaying or destroying travel documents, and no credit or refund will be given if you fail to take up a component of your holiday as a result. CML is not responsible for any flight delays but wherever possible will endeavor to provide any previously booked resort transfers.
- Depending on your country of origin, Visas, Passports, Health and Vaccinations requirements may vary. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in compliance with all relevant regulations. CML will not be held responsible if you fail to obtain or comply with any such requirements.
- Ski Lessons & Equipment
- Equipment, lessons and guiding are additional costs as set out in paragraph and payable locally. We cannot refund any costs in case of bad weather. Suppliers conditions always apply. If equipment is lost or stolen and has been hired locally, it is your duty to report the loss to the local gendarmes and the supplier.
- Ski school and peak dates. Please note that during peak dates such as Christmas, New Year, half-term and even Easter, ski schools become very busy. We therefore strongly advise that you book your lessons in advance on these dates. We will be happy to provide you with the necessary details.
- Chalet Descriptions
- Opinions expressed in our website are personal to the writer. Photographs of rooms represent the type of accommodation available but not all rooms will be the same shape, size or style. All descriptions given are made in good faith, but no liability can be accepted for errors or omissions.
- All information we supply regarding Third Party Suppliers has been supplied to us by them, and we cannot warrant that it is complete or up to date. We will do our utmost to inform you of any material changes as soon as we are made aware of them. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee accuracy of services or activities that we do not operate or are not under our control, and as such will accept no responsibility in such regard.
- “Taxe de Sejour’ is levied by all French resorts and is included in your holiday price at a cost of €2.53 per person per day.
- All correspondence to CML must be addressed to: Le Chardon Mountain Lodges, 14 Riversdale Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 5QT, United Kingdom.
- In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with any aspect of your holiday, you must report any issues immediately to either your Chalet Manager or the Head of Operations. We aim to remedy any issues as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Under all circumstances, you must report any issues before leaving the resort. No action can be taken, or liability accepted for any complaints received after departure. Our representatives are not authorized to promise or make payments or to vary these Booking Conditions.
- We are a Member of ABTA; our membership number is Y1044. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
- Governing Law: The contract and booking made between CML and you is at all times governed by these booking terms and conditions, which are governed by Scottish Law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise between us out of or in connections with your contract or booking will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts