Val d’Isere has had endless bluebird days now followed another continuous dumping of fluffy perfect snow.
When the skies clear again and the sun reappears here are the best places to lap up the end of season festivities and sunshine in style:
1. La Folie Douce and La Fruitiere restaurant – alfresco dancing bar with live music and exceptional restaurant on piste OK.
2. Le Signal – mountain lunch spot at the top of the cable car station in Le Fornet with excellent bronzing terraces.
3. Hotel Le Brussels – beautiful hotel at the bottom of the nursery slopes near the Solaise chairlift with oodles of sun loungers, live music and delicious cocktails.
4. On a chairlift! Just about all of Val d’Isere’s slopes bask in the sun all day long.
5. Parapenting – April is popular for parapenting (paragliding) and the colours of the gliders against the blue sky is always striking to watch.